Every child should come to develop a relationship with God and to experience the beauty of the Catholic faith.
To reach children in our schools and those in our communities and parishes, the Office of Education provides guidance to ensure the authenticity of our faith is carried on throughout all religious education programs. These programs help our children grow in an intimate and personal relationship with Jesus Christ and facilitate the process of catechesis in the adults who work with the children in our programs.
- Religious education certificate program
- Child Protection Catechesis, taught in compliance with the 2002 Bishop’s Charter on the Protection of Children and Youth
- Teacher retreats
- Curricula for religious education in elementary schools and parishes
- Home schooling guidelines for religious education
- ACRE professional association for religious educators and administrators
- Regular religious education communications
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS)
From book-based religious education to experiential, hands-on faith formation, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) gives children the nurturing support and environment to grow their relationship with Jesus, guided by the Holy Spirit. Father Philip Rodgers, Pastor of the Church of St. Benedict in Mohnton, Pennsylvania, and Valerie Christo, the Director of Religious Education (DRE), adopted this uniquely spiritual program for their parish children. Click here to learn more about the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd!