Married couples from across the Diocese are invited to renew their vows and thank God for the gift of the Sacrament of Marriage during the Annual Diocesan Wedding Anniversary Mass, to be celebrated Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 3 p.m.
The Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Alfred Schlert at the Cathedral of St. Catharine of Siena, 1825 West Turner St., Allentown, PA 18104.
Those couples celebrating 1-5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50-plus years of marriage will receive special recognition.
The registration deadline is Monday, September 4, 2023.
The Mass will be streamed live through the following:
Diocese of Allentown YouTube Channel.
Diocese of Allentown Facebook.
Service Electric Cable TV: 3PM on Channel 50 and 550
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-866-0581 ext. 2310.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Will there be assigned seating? No, seating is first come, first serve. There is an elevator near the front section of the Cathedral that can be used for easy access to the front pews. Ushers will be at the Mass to assist couples with elevator access. Note: There is limited handicap parking in the lot behind the Cathedral.
- Who is allowed to come to the Mass? The celebrating couple may bring as many guests as they like.
- Where do the guests of the couple sit? The guests and the couple can all sit together.
- How long is the Mass? 1 hour.
- Does the mass fulfill Sunday obligation? Yes, it does.
- Will the Mass be open to anyone or is this only for the married couples and their families? While this is a special Mass for Married couples and their families/guests, as a Catholic Mass, anyone is free to attend.
- Will there be a social following Mass? No, but couples will receive a certificate and a small gift.
- Where will the couples receive their certificates? Certificates will be distributed outside in the breezeway between the Cathedral and the Walson Center (gymnasium). Note: For those unable to attend, a certificate will be mailed after the Mass to the address provided upon registration.
- Will a professional photographer take individual pictures of the couples? A professional photographer will be present to take pictures of the Mass, but he/she will not be available to take individual pictures of the couples. However, there will be an opportunity after Mass to take a photo with Bishop Schlert using a personal camera or cell phone.
- Will married couples get a boutonniere and corsage? No.