Supervisor of Utility Assistance Case Managers
This position provides supervision to direct case managers who are providing services to individuals and their families residing within various counties in Pennsylvania. Duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating, evaluating, and approving applications for utility assistance in fast paced environment. Work with staff, individuals and families to facilitate utility assistance quickly, effectively and efficiently. Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of Utility Case Managers
- Intake and assessment of clients and their families
- Facilitate utility assistance
- Provide information and referral to internal and external resources for clients
- Receives ongoing supervisions, assistance in decision-making, and is accountable for management of cases and time.
- Must speak at public functions as assigned
- Maintain client records
- Prepare quarterly/annual/monthly/weekly progress reports for submission as required by agency and grant expectations
- Keep updated on current social needs in the community and applicable regulations
- Complete utility assistance requests in a timely manner for approval and in accordance with agency policy and grant requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of the Catholic Charities’ mission and Church teachings.
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience
- Aptitude for working with individuals/families and managing difficult situations.
- Must fluently be able to speak/write English and Spanish.
- Skills in processing applications
- Must have the ability to pass all applicable clearances on a yearly basis. Including but not limited to FBI, Child Abuse and State Police.
- Must complete required Mandated Reporter Training (MRT) within 3 weeks of start date and every 5 years thereafter or when dictated by agency, Diocese of Allentown, and/ or Commonwealth Law.
- Must complete Protecting God’s Children Training (PGC) within 3 weeks of start date and monthly online bulletins, as well as any recertification, for the duration of employment
- Must be willing/able to drive anywhere within the 5 counties of the Diocese of Allentown and on occasion outside of the Diocese of Allentown
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends to accommodate agency functions and/ or clients’ scheduling needs as appropriate.
Salary: $38,000 - $43,000 annually
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538