Job Title: Family Service Representative
Reporting Functions: Reports to Director of Cemeteries
Job Function: Responsible for producing sales of property products and services offered by Cemeteries, and developing long-lasting relationships with families. The Family Services Representative accomplishes this objective by making presentations and guiding families to an informed decision on important end-of-life decisions. Additionally, the Family Services Representative is required to make follow-up calls in a pro-active manner to provide assistance to families, secure additional sales and generate referrals. These pre-need planning and at-need arrangement objectives are accomplished while maintaining a high level of personal and professional integrity and conduct. Family Services Representatives are acting on behalf of the Diocese of Allentown and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the mission and values of the Roman Catholic Church in performing their work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly pre-established personal sales goals.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly cemetery sales quotas, as required.
- Submit reports as required in a timely manner including: Sales reports, sales activity reports, lead source reports, and telemarketing reports.
- Conduct and service families professionally and in accordance with all Diocesan Cemeteries Family Service Rules, Policies and Procedures.
- Counsel families making at-need and pre-need arrangements. Complete all paperwork as required by management.
- Respond to family/client inquiries, complaints in a timely manner. Coordinate and communicate activities with Diocesan Cemetery Management, Superintendent and families as necessary or required.
- Coordinate with the Superintendent all information regarding burials, entombments, inurnments and communicate information to all interested parties as required.
- Family Service Representatives duties include, include, but not limited to:
- Cold calling, appointment setting, and grievance resolution.
- Answering cemetery office and cell phone inquiries regarding cemetery charges, space availability, etc.
- Generating new sales leads by scripting letters of follow up from walk in, call in and e-mail contacts.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of mausoleum, columbarium and plot section maps and elevation charts.
- Transmit payments for deposit to administrative assistant according to established procedures including monies received, bank deposits, credit card processing and bi-weekly sales reports.
- Attend and participate in management meetings, training sessions, and diocesan required functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in sales, marketing or relevant field with 2-4 years direct sales and customer service experience required.
- Prior cemetery sales and service experience (at-need and pre-need) preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) a plus.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills; ability and comfort level to interact with a broad range of constituents (Priests, co-workers, faith community, funeral directors, parish staff, etc.).
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills. Outstanding organizational skills that lend themselves to accurate multi-tasking, and successful outcomes. Disciplined.
- Must be self-motivated and directed with a high degree of flexibility.
- Professional team player with strong work ethics.
- Extensive knowledge of diocesan cemetery policies and procedures as well as their application in the day-to-day working environment of the cemeteries. Familiarity of Catholic Mass/Funeral.
- Computer and technical proficiency including, Microsoft Office, Outlook, scanning, smart phone capability e-mail, texting and attaching documents and photographs, utilizing GPS.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment and walking outdoors to locate plots, columbarium, and mausoleum spaces with parishioners. This position is required to make solicitation visits to residential homes. Weekly driving to the bank, Diocese offices, Resurrection and Holy Saviour cemetery.
All inquiries please contact Tom Nolte:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538