St. Joseph the Worker School
St. Joseph the Worker School, a Catholic elementary school located near Allentown, PA is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher. The middle school is departmentalized and the teacher would be responsible for all lessons in mathematics to students in grades 6-8 and a middle school homeroom. The mathematics program is a rigorous and successful element of our curriculum.
The teacher would be expected to support and implement the philosophy of Catholic education and participate in building the faith community at St. Joseph the Worker School. You will be expected to demonstrate evidence of planning (ie. lesson plans), evaluate students effectively through a variety of assessments, differentiate instruction, demonstrate an ability to motivate students, and maintain an atmosphere conducive to student learning. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to integrate technology into the curriculum.
As a team member, the candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with the administration, staff and colleagues. The candidate is also expected to demonstrate positive interpersonal relationships with students and parents. Other professional responsibilities include maintain a professionalism in the classroom, demonstrate a sense of professional responsibility, and actively participate in professional growth opportunities.
- Develop, document and implement weekly lesson plans utilizing techniques to motivate, challenge and engage students and consistent with curriculum guidelines
- Provide grade appropriate instructional program within the context of the Diocesan guidelines
- Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of the school and the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Responsible for the safety and active supervision of students at all times effective classroom management
- Establish reasonable standards for student achievement, updating electronic gradebook frequently
- Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic and timely manner
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school committees and in-service learning opportunities
- Participate in the active supervision of students at all times to include arrival/dismissal, car line, recess, cafeteria etc.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff and administration
- Integrate iPad and Smartboard technology effectively into a 21st Century classroom.
- Degree in Elementary or Secondary Education with a concentration in mathematics
- Full time and Part time position available
- Courses to be taught include Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and Algebra 2
- Minimum one year experience teaching preferred, but not required
- Must have a commitment to Catholic School education.
If you are interested in applying for the full time or the part time teaching position, please send a cover letter, resume, a copy of teaching certification, and a copy of PA clearances to Mr. Joseph Disidore, Principal, 1858 Applewood Drive, Orefield, PA 18069 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.