Architectural remnants from stained glass from closed diocesan churches and convents will be available for sale at St. Elizabeth's Church in Whitehall on Saturday, October 5.
Architectural remnants made from stained glass from more closed diocesan churches and convents will be available for sale Saturday, October 5 from 9 to 11 AM at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, 618 Fullerton Ave., Whitehall.
The Diocese is sponsoring the sale through Beyer Studio, Philadelphia. Proceeds from the sale will be returned to the parishes into which the closed parishes were consolidated or merged.
Prices on the over 200 pieces available will range from $25 to $750.
The stained glass pieces were created from stained glass windows that were part of:
- Missionaries of Charity, St. Teresa of Calcutta Convent, Mahanoy City.
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, Gordon.
- Sacred Heart, Nesquehoning.
- St. George, Shenandoah.
- St. Jane Frances de Chantal, Easton
- St. John Capistrano, Bethlehem.
- St. Joseph, Frackville.
- St. Joseph, Girardville.
- St. Kieran, Heckscherville.
- St. Mauritius, Ashland.
- St. Stephen, Shenandoah.
- SS. Cyril and Methodius, Coaldale.
- SS. Peter & Paul, Lehighton.