Stained glass pieces from more closed diocesan churches and convents will be available for sale Saturday, Oct. 13 from 9 to 11 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 618 Fullerton Ave., Whitehall.
The Diocese is sponsoring the sale through Beyer Studio, Philadelphia. Proceeds from the sale will be returned to the parishes into which the closed parishes were consolidated or merged.
The glass pieces for sale will range in size from as small as 8-by-11 inches to as large as 24-by-50 inches, and sizes in between. Prices will range from $25 to $700.
The stained glass pieces were created from stained glass windows that were part of:
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, Middleport.
- Missionaries of Charity, St. Teresa of Calcutta Convent, Mahanoy City.
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, Gordon.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Minersville.
- Sacred Heart, Nesquehoning.
- St. Anthony of Padua, Cumbola.
- St Bartholomew Brockton.
- St. George, Shenandoah.
- St Kunegunda McAdoo.
- St. John Capistrano, Bethlehem.
- St. Joseph Convent, Ashland.
- St. Joseph, Frackville.
- St. Joseph, Girardville.
- St. Kieran, Heckscherville.
- St. Mauritius, Ashland.
- St. Stephen, Shenandoah.
- SS. Cyril and Methodius, Coaldale.