This position provides direct case management services to individuals and their families who reside within the various counties within Pennsylvania. Duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating, evaluating, and approving applications for utility assistance. The Case Manager will work with individuals and families to facilitate utility assistance in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work in office and field settings is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intake and assessment of clients and their families
- Facilitate utility assistance
- Provide information and referral to internal and external resources for clients
- Receives ongoing supervisions, assistance in decision-making, and is accountable for management of cases and time.
- Represent the agency in the community on committees or task forces as assigned
- Must speak at public functions anywhere in the Diocese of Allentown, as assigned
- Must work effectively with other team members on shared projects, conferences, community development, grants, etc.;
- Maintain client records in accordance with all applicable guidelines (HIPPA, state regulations, etc.);
- Prepare quarterly/annual/monthly/weekly progress reports for submission as required by agency and grant expectations;
- Produce typed letters and professional electronic communications;
- Keep updated on current social needs in the community and applicable regulations;
- Complete utility assistance requests in a timely manner for approval and in accordance with agency policy and grant requirements;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience
- Ability to speak/write English and Spanish strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of the Catholic Charities’ mission and Church teachings.
- Aptitude for working with individuals/families and managing difficult situations.
- Skills in processing applications
- Very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to set and adjust priorities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Adept at computer internet function, online database entry and Microsoft Office products.
- Must have the ability to pass all applicable clearances on a yearly basis (Including but not limited to FBI, Child Abuse and State Police);
- Must complete required Mandated Reporter Training (MRT) within 3 weeks of start date and every 5 years thereafter or when dictated by agency, Diocese of Allentown, and/ or Commonwealth Law.
- Must complete Protecting God’s Children Training (PGC) within 3 weeks of start date and monthly online bulletins, as well as any recertification, for the duration of employment
- Employee is required to be able to drive their car or a Catholic Charities car to various home settings or community locations; the ability to drive to those locations safely is required, unless exceptions are explicitly recommended by the Program Director and approved by the Executive Director, or in keeping with ADA requirements.
- Must be willing/able to drive anywhere within the 5 counties of the Diocese of Allentown and on occasion outside of the Diocese of Allentown
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538