Holy Family Manor is currently accepting applications for a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist. Holy Family Manor provides sub-acute care/short term rehabilitation and long term skilled nursing care by an interdisciplinary team of professionals. Holy Family Manor is a multi-faceted “Preferred Provider” of the St. Luke’s University Health Network and Lehigh Valley Health Network. Holy Family Manor has achieved the highest “Five-Star” overall rating on the official Medicare.gov Nursing Home Compare website.
The role of the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist is to plan, organize, and implement a program of therapeutic activities designed to meet the social, spiritual, intellectual, emotional, educational, and physical needs and interests of residents in collaboration with the Directors of the Activity and Rehabilitation departments and in accordance with the Comprehensive Resident Care Plan. This position is also responsible for directing the facility Activities Department in the absence of and/or in coordination with the Director of Activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing/delivering therapeutic recreational services to promote opportunities for residents to engage in normal life enhancement pursuits and to increase and/or maintain functioning levels on a daily basis.
- Implement, evaluate, and document individual and group therapeutic recreation services and provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents which may include:
- Individual and group therapeutic recreational activities
- Indoor and outdoor activities
- Trips away from the facility
- Spiritual programs
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama, educational programs
- Exercise activities
- Promotion of facility/community interaction
- Complete MDS and attend/participate in 48-hour and Resident Care Plan Meetings
- Chart resident attendance and participation in group, individual and on-on-one recreational activities.
- Assist with the development/distribution of monthly neighborhood activity calendars.
- Assess resident needs and develop resident therapeutic recreation goals for the care plan.
- Encourage resident participation in the therapeutic recreation program and document outcomes.
- Assist in directing the care of the pet therapy programs, including the maintenance programs and/or contracts.
- Foster family and community support of the activity and therapeutic recreational program through monthly newsletters and networking, activities for family members or community.
- Provide in-service training and educate staff members as necessary.
- Must be qualified per State and Federal regulations (See SS 483.15 (f) (2)
- Must be a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS), Activity Director Certified (ADC), or eligible to test for CTRS or ADC within 1 year of hire.
- 1+ years’ experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience planning and facilitating therapeutic recreation programs, preferably in a long term care setting highly desired.
Excellent verbal and written skills are required to communicate and interact effectively with patients, families, physicians, etc. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions is necessary.
Holy Family Manor offers competitive wages commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to work with great people! Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirements to:
Catholic Senior Housing & Health Care Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources (TRS)
1200 Spring Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018