Mercy School for Special Learning in Allentown is hiring a full-time teacher!
Secondary Life Skills/Multiple Disabilities Classroom
- Writing and implantation of Individualized Education Plans
- Management of paraprofessionals and support staff
- Team teaching approach
- Strong communication skills
- Implementation of differentiated instruction, behavior modification, and data collection
- Knowledge of the PEC System (Picture Exchange Communication, simple sign language, and the use of Augmentative Alternative Communication Devices (AAC).
- Ability to use Boardmaker, Dynavox Proloquo2go, and Publisher
Job Specific Skills
- Instruction students with multiple disabilities, ages 15 – 21, to develop communication and life skills.
- Teaching communication skills through gestures, words, facial expressions, simple sign language and various communication devices.
- Develop and implement instructional goals and behavior plans.
- Communicate with parents, paraprofessionals, teachers, and support staff
Please contact Principal Beth Grys at email@example.com with resume and cover letter of interest.