Skilled Maintenance Technician
Holy Family Senior Living, Inc. is seeking a dedicated and professional Skilled Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance team in Bethlehem, PA. This position is responsible for general building maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance throughout our facility and campus, including electrical, plumbing, heating/cooling, and refrigeration. This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) day shift (7–3 pm) position. One weekend a month and on-call rotation required.
The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of facility preventative maintenance,
operations and repairs, and the proven ability to perform these tasks in a safe and efficient
manner in accordance with the established procedures.
Primary job duties include minor and major repairs to:
- Plumbing related equipment including soldering of copper pipe, skills of working with PVC piping in both new and old equipment.
- Electrical equipment. (Only Master Licensed electricians will perform high voltage tasks.)
- Heating/cooling equipment, and refrigeration.
- Carpentry, drywall and stud work, including suspended ceilings.
- Commercial laundry and dietary equipment.
The Skilled Maintenance Technician will be able to understand and operate fire alarm and security equipment and assist with snow removal and other external facility maintenance which falls within the scope of the maintenance team, as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of facility maintenance experience required; experience with senior living or LTC facilities preferred.
- Graduate or Certification from Technical or Trade School in building maintenance of related field preferred.
- Through knowledge of general maintenance methods and techniques commonly used in facility and repair work, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry or electronics.
- Must have the ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly and respond to emergency situations if necessary.
- Strong verbal communication skills needed.
- Must be self-motivated with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Valid PA Driver’s license required.
- Knowledge and/or experience in a regulatory environment or life safety in skilled nursing facilities highly desirable.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within six months of hire a valid EPA approved certification license for refrigeration and air conditioning. Minimum licensing requirement of a Technician I status.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to work from a broad perspective, develop work plans and embrace the values and mission of HFSL which is to provide the highest quality of physical, emotional, social and spiritual care, with dignity and compassion, to meet the needs of the older adults we serve.
HFSL offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, generous paid time off, 401(k) and pension plan with match. Additional benefits include voluntary short-term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, flexible spending account and uniforms.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy an excellent team-focused work environment, industry-leading benefits, competitive wages and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. If you would like to join our "family" please apply today!