Recruiter – Assistant Human Resources Director
Holy Family Senior Living, Inc. (HFSL) is a non-profit, faith-based network providing long and short-term care and living options to older adults. We are seeking an experienced full-time Recruiter/Assistant HR Director at our campus in Bethlehem, PA.
The Recruiter/Assistant HR Director primary function is to oversee the recruitment function for the facility. This includes the development and implementation of initiatives designed to ensure optimum efficiency and align recruiting activities with quality care and business needs. This position is directly responsible for full cycle recruitment from candidate requisition, job posting, resume and qualification review, scheduling interviews, onboarding, and orientation.
The Recruiter/Assistant HR Director is a valued member of the HR team who performs professional-level human resources generalist work in other functional areas including employee recognition and retention, leave administration, ADA, unemployment claims management, processing/exit interview of terminated employees, employee file maintenance and employee relations.
Essential job functions include:
- Work closely with HR Director and executive team to develop a sourcing and recruitment strategy that fills open positions with quality hires within agreed timelines.
- Identify and recommend outside sources and recruiters and resources if necessary.
- Post jobs internally and externally; develop and utilize creative recruiting strategies to include social media, networking, internet, recruiting databases, professional organizations, etc.
- Follow up on all candidate leads by means of job boards, career fairs and other recruitment sources, including leads from passive candidate pools and resources.
- Review resumes and conduct candidate prescreens.
- Schedule interviews of qualified candidates; collect and/or facilitate interview feedback. Provides hiring managers, Director and executive team with regular feedback on search process, candidate profiles, challenges and opportunities.
- Guide job offer process and ensures pre-employment activities are initiated and completed in a timely manner.
- Follow up with new team members throughout initial onboarding and after 90 days to ensure a smooth and successful onboarding experience.
- Analyze data and metrics to understand hiring trends and identify opportunities for improved staffing outcomes.
- Build a pipeline of prospective candidates through professional networks, targeted outreach, and recruitment events.
- Provide departmental support and advise management and employees on questions related to personnel policies, performance, leaves, etc. in accordance with applicable labor laws.
- Exercise initiative and complete projects to meet HR and organizational goals;
- Coordinate activities and events focused on employee recognition and retention.
- Manage unemployment claims, acting as employer representative in hearings.
- Provide creative, thorough, and practicable solutions by recommending policy and process improvements to HR Director and executive team.
- Manage attendance tracking for all non-clinical staff
- Update required postings on bulletin boards
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, related field and/or HRCI or SHRM certification required.
- 3-5 years of proven and progressive experience in recruiting and human resources
- Prior recruitment experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities in recruitment and human resources.
The Recruiter/Assistant HR Director will have the ability to successfully deliver and implement recruitment activities and provide value to the HR function while embracing the values and mission of HFSL – which is to provide the highest quality of physical, emotional, social and spiritual care, with dignity and compassion, to meet the needs of the older adults we serve.
HFSL offers a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off and a pension plan with match, the opportunity to work with great people and a rewarding work environment. If you are truly excited about working as part of a dynamic team in an energized, fast-paced and progressive organization that values its staff, then we want to hear from you. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or visit our website at www.holyfamilysl.org