Job Function: This non -exempt position is the primary point of contact for visitors and callers to the Diocesan offices operating out of the 1515 Building; including the Secretariat for Administration and Secretariat for Catholic Health & Human Services and Youth Protection. This position provides administrative support to the Secretary for Administration and key department staff and requires advanced computer skills on a variety of hardware/software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a multi-line telephone system, routes calls and messages to the appropriate staff/department, greets visitors/vendors, and coordinates the visitor/vendor sign-in process
- Provides administrative support to the Secretary for Administration and key secretariat staff as directed
- Provides administrative assistance with insurance matters and special projects as requested by the Manager of Properties/Facilities
- Performs data entry for multiple departments as needed
- Coordinates use of Conference Rooms for meetings/common areas
- Coordinates calendar scheduling/prepares materials for meetings as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma and experience in administration/support
- Possesses strong Catholic identity and ability to work with clergy, religious and lay employees across the Diocese
- Advanced ability in computer applications; including Microsoft Office Suite and internet applications
- Satisfactory level of analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with others
- Express personal initiative, ownership, and desire to go beyond basic expectations
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to respond to questions and present information effectively
- Ability to identify and implement process changes resulting in increased productivity and/or quality.
- Possess the ability to follow instructions, work independently, demonstrate flexibility and maintain confidentiality regarding Diocesan activity.
- Must successfully meet all Diocesan Requirements for Background Checks,
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record, and insurance requirements
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear; frequent use of equipment that includes repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift and/or move. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Working Hours are 35 hours per week
during the workday of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. (Full Time)
Hourly Rate: $14
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538