Parish of St. John de LaSalle, Parish of St. Benedict, LaSalle Academy
This full time Bookkeeper position reports to two Pastors and the School Principal and provides business and financial support to the parishes and school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and/or reconcile bank statements, prepare and process bi-weekly payroll, payment of all invoices and record all financial information.
- Prepare budget and financial reports for the parish/school and ensure they are presented to and signed by the Parish Finance Committee. Prepare the Diocesan Yearly Financial Report.
- Make certain that the accounting system, bookkeeping and reporting process for the parish/school are correct; ensure that collection counting, deposits, accounting and contributions continue to remain balanced and that the processes continue to be followed.
- Respond to all Pennsylvania state requests including unemployment compensation paperwork.
- Prepare and submit 1099 statements to the federal government and contractors for the parish; file all proper paperwork with the city for games of chance licensing and zoning requirements.
- Ensure that all Will & Estate bequests are received; properly recorded and that the terms are carried out.
- Oversee all ongoing fundraising efforts; keep track of monies earned through fundraising.
- Report to the parish/school Advisory Council regularly on the status of all parish business; this includes major repairs, financial status and new business;
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree or 5 years of related business experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Accounting software and data base management
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of integrity, loyalty, dependability, and have a strong work ethic. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive confidential situations.
- Must be able to work independently and proficiently.
- Be present at key functions and special meetings beyond normal office hours.
- Normal church office environment; full time, 40 hours per week (10 hours for each parish and 20 for the school).
- May be required to work more than normal work hours to attend meetings or due to non-routine or emergency situations that may arise.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538