Job Title: Office Manager
Reporting Functions: Principal, Mercy School For Special Learning
Manages day-to-day operation of the school office in an efficient manner which supports the mission of Mercy School For Special Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clerical support to the Principal including responding to routine phone inquiries, schedule and confirm appointments. Preparing correspondence and reports of a confidential nature. Set up and maintain paper filing system of school and student records, correspondence, and other material.
- Greet and screen visitors entering the building, greet callers, handle their inquiries and direct them to the persons according to their needs.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communication both internally and externally to maintain professional image which includes, opening, reading, routing, and distributing mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Operate office equipment such as a fax machine, scanner/copier, and phone systems and use Office 365 for word processing, spreadsheet and data base software management to maintain student records, necessary reports, and coordinate weekly communication envelopes for distribution to parents.
- Responsible to order and dispense supplies accordingly and all school ordering.
- Compose school wide communications, correspondence, and a variety of newsletters, bulletins, memos, emails, requisitions, forms, and updates to the master calendar.
- Proofread work and ensure that diocesan formant policies are followed and recommend revisions.
- Coordinates, executes, and tracks school fundraisers and necessary ordering, tracks student fundraising credits.
- Completes all statistical diocesan and government forms as required.
- Maintains the accuracy of the school’s student/adult family database, track memorial donations as received.
- Completes ordering regarding government monies through PA Department of Education 90-195.
- Facilitates the registration and reregistration of students.
- Maintain student attendance records, including preparation and verification of daily student attendance, entering enrollment information into the attendance system, preparing attendance reports on a regular and yearly basis.
- Prepare transportation requests, calendars and answers questions about field trip activities
- Organizes communication with local pastors, principals, and parishes regarding the school.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information gained in performance of daily responsibilities.
Educational Requirements: Minimum of Associates Degree
- Due to the nature and mission of the Catholic Church, all employees are bound to exhibit respect for the teachings and discipline of the Church regarding matters of faith and morals.
- Position requires strong people skills, organizational skills, proficiency in Microsoft 365. Individual must be sensitive to the individuals with disabilities.
- Typical office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners/copies, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and especially listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands.
- The position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products supplies, and other materials. Up to twenty-five pounds.
- This is a full-time, salaried position of up to 40 hours a week for 52 weeks per year.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties to staff so classified.
Please send resume and letter of interest to Principal Beth Grys at email@example.com.