Job Title: Office Manager
Manages day-to-day operation of the school office in an efficient manner which supports the mission of Mercy School For Special Learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides clerical support to the Principal including responding to routine phone inquiries, preparing correspondence and reports of a confidential nature. Maintains filing system of school records.
2. Uses word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software to maintain student records, process ongoing tuition payments and coordinate weekly communication envelopes for distribution to parents. Prepare & take deposits to the bank for the school, alliance & lunch accounts while keeping accurate records no less than bi-monthly
3. Be proficient in managing the school’s database to keep mailing list current, enter gift donations, generate letter receipts for donor, track memorial donations to send notifications to the families and any other means of tracking income through the system. Using the Promise Portal, determine breakdown of payments received for TLC consumers.
4. Assist principal in creating and overseeing a tracking system for prospective students, so that the principal may conduct follow-ups.
5. Completes all statistical diocesan and government forms as required. This includes but is not limited to the Low - Income Survey, attendance for the Diocese & Allentown School District.
6. Use of personal car for incidental business
7. Maintains confidentiality of all information gained in performance of daily responsibilities.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a High School Diploma
Position requires strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills. Position requires employee to be sensitive to individuals with disabilities. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Educational office environment.
- This is a full-time salaried position of 35 hours weekly for 52 weeks per year.
- May occasionally be required to work longer hours for which time off would be given .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirement of staff so classified.
Please call or email Beth Grys at 610-797-8242 / email@example.com if you are interested in the position.