Job Title: Maintenance Technician, St. Joseph the Worker, Frackville, PA
Job Status: Part Time
Reporting Functions: Reports to the Pastor or his designee
Job Function: To provide both custodial and maintenance work for parish properties and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to general maintenance, trash removal, vacuuming and mopping, grounds maintenance, snow and ice removal, security checks and various repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that parish buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. This includes mopping and vacuuming; trash removal and maintenance of restrooms including school; strip and wax floors as needed.
- Provide daily checks and routine physical plant maintenance of all grounds, buildings and structures affiliated with the parish.
- Maintain proper security of all parish properties. Lock and unlock church when necessary.
- Maintain climate control systems for all parish properties, i.e. scheduling annual maintenance of boilers, heating units and air conditioning systems and check thermostat batteries.
- Provide various minor repairs on parish properties including but not limited to electrical, change of light bulbs, plumbing and carpentry.
- Maintain outdoor drains and gutters for parish properties and schedule cleanings.
- Assure that the grounds of parish properties are maintained by, trimming trees and bushes, watering and edging the lawns, weeding, pruning as necessary and raking on a seasonal basis.
- Provide snow and ice removal to ensure clear access to parish buildings and the safety of all parish employees and parishioners. Apply salt and/or sand if necessary.
- Assist, train, and/or monitor any contractors, sub-contractors, temporary workers, or apprentices hired by the parish. The Pastor must first approve any use of an outside contractor. Organize and direct parish volunteers in any maintenance or grounds projects.
- Maintain an inventory of all cleaning supplies, tools and other maintenance items, including transportation from area suppliers of needed supplies/tools.
- Review what needs to be done and create a work plan to be submitted to the pastor and business manager as necessary. Keep work and maintenance records done during the week.
- Maintain documents and warranty records for all parish projects, equipment, and appliances.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Pastor or the Pastor’s designee.
- High School Diploma.
- At least 5 years’ experience in maintenance and cleaning/custodial duties.
- All safe environment check and/or clearances must be in place prior to employment.
- Due to the nature and mission of the Catholic Church, all employees are bound to exhibit respect for the teachings and discipline of the Church regarding matters of faith and morals.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities:
- Must exhibit a high degree of integrity, loyalty, and dependability and have a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of grounds and building tools, equipment operations and possess the ability to perform repairs to minor equipment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate competence in all areas of responsibility.
- Must be physically capable of the following as necessary to perform assigned duties:
- exerting up to 100 pounds of force to move objects;
- bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, kneeling, pivoting, carrying and crawling, pushing and pulling;
- going up and down ladders and flights of steps on a frequent basis;
- climbing and lifting.
- Must be able to be “on-call” for any emergencies including snow and ice removal and must be able to perform tasks in every kind of weather condition.
- Ability to work with all staff members, co-workers and contractors in a professional manner.
- Must be self-motivated and prompt in performing tasks.
- Must have a current, valid Pennsylvania Operator’s License. Revocation of license may result in termination of employment.
Working Conditions: Indoor and outdoor; Part Time position; Schedule to be determined upon hire; Evenings and weekend work may be required as needed. On-call for emergencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
There will be a six-month probationary period, during which time, the employee performance will be evaluated, and future employment status determined.
How to Apply:
Mail or Drop-Off Resume:
St. Joseph the Worker Parish Office
7 S. Broad Mountain Ave.
Frackville, PA 17931