Holy Family Manor has an immediate opening for a full-time (37.5 hours/week) Health Unit Coordinator (HUC). This position coordinates all administrative duties on the nursing unit/patient or resident care area and provides assistance to the Unit Supervisors with the day to day clerical tasks, communications and organization on the nursing unit in accordance with Federal and State regulations and established policies and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Initiate medical record for all new admissions and readmissions, completing checklist.
- Audit and purge in-house records in accordance with the written policy and procedure and file in chart order for discharge in the in-house overflow file.
- Maintain the in-house chart.
- File all incoming clinical information in the in-house records on a daily basis.
- Track and schedule routine laboratory testing electronically, radiological testing
- Schedule resident appointments and arrange transportation.
- Prepare paperwork for transfers, referrals and discharge.
- Assemble and maintain records from the nursing station and the overflow file in established discharge order.
- Answer nursing unit phone calls in a courteous manner and delivers messages to residents, staff etc.
- Transcribe orders accurately and timely into electronic health record.
- Maintain a monitoring system to assure all orders are signed the physician in a timely manner and in accordance to PA state regulations. Conduct concurrent audits/quality monitoring as directed. Correctly and timely document any and all communications with residents in electronic health record
- Maintain an organized nursing station. Performing general clerical and receptionist duties on assigned nursing unit including answering phones, ordering supplies and delivering mail, flowers, newspapers, etc.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1-2 years prior health unit secretary experience and knowledge of medical terminology required. Computer proficiency, exceptional customer service and organizational skills are also required for this position. This position requires the HUC to work one weekend a month with alternating Monday and Thursday off.
Holy Family Manor offers a comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to work with great people! If you are truly excited about working as part of a dynamic team in an energized, fast-paced and progressive organization that values its staff, physicians and volunteers, then we want to hear from you! Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Catholic Senior Housing & Health Care Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources (HUC)
1200 Spring Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018