DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Allentown is looking for an experienced leader and administrative manager to provide oversight of all Information Technology activities. We are looking for an energetic, forward-thinking, collaborative and creative individual who supports the mission of the Catholic Church to assist the Diocese of Allentown in the critical work of Information Technology support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Chair the Diocesan Technology Committee to set priorities, define standards, finalize technology budgets, and provide general oversight of strategic IT direction.
- Assess, recommend, and establish approved IT support models and frameworks to assure effective stewardship for technology investments that support Diocesan missions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers to maintain the accessibility, functionality, and security of all Diocesan technology resources.
- Work closely with senior management to identify priority needs and engage resources necessary to complete objectives.
- Define Diocesan requirements for proper evaluation and selection of technology solutions to meet our needs for functionality and performance.
- Define and promulgate standard IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, safeguard information, mitigate risks, and facilitate efficient and consistent administrative operations.
- In conjunction with contracted IT support providers:
o Oversee security of systems, networks, data and sensitive information; facilitate IT security audits or investigations.
o Establish efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
o Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or minimum ten years’ experience working in information technology and at least five years of IT management experience.
- Experience within IT systems management, primarily with a Microsoft platform
- Working knowledge of latest cybersecurity practices
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to explain highly technical concepts in simple terms
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear both in person and by telephone; frequent use of equipment that includes repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue. Occasionally required to reach and lift with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
Salary: $75,000 annually, with the potential for more with commensurate experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538