Catholic Senior Housing & Health Care Services, Inc. (CSHHCS) is seeking an innovative, results-driven leader to fill the Director of Charitable Giving vacancy. Responsibilities include developing donor relationships, major gift opportunities and planned giving strategies; implementing appeals; grant writing; and managing special events. The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to Catholic values and the organization’s mission which is to provide the highest quality of physical, emotional, social and spiritual care, with dignity and compassion, to meet the needs of the older adults we serve.
This senior-level position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for planning, developing and leading a comprehensive and integrated development program to secure the financial resources required to support the ministries and programs of Holy Family Manor and CSHHCS. The Director of Charitable Giving works in collaboration with the CEO, Board of Directors and staff in the implementation of a comprehensive advancement plan while providing developmental leadership and strategic direction to CSHHCS. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of comprehensive development/charitable giving work, with 2-3 years’ experience at a senior level of leadership giving, charitable gift planning and/or capital campaigns.
- Development experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge Fundraising database software is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to mentor staff and volunteers.
- The aptitude to build positive and enduring relationships with donors, community leaders, and volunteers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the capability to produce written proposals and reports, craft oral presentations and present them with a high degree of credibility, integrity, and self-confidence.
- A successful track record in annual appeals, major gifts, and capital campaigns with a solid understanding of planned giving techniques.
- Computer proficiency required, website and social media skills preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Catholic Senior Housing & Health Care Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources (DOCG)
1200 Spring Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018