Holy Family Senior Living, Inc. (HFSL) is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Nursing team in the role of Clinical Educator/Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON). The ideal candidate will be an experienced RN with a demonstrated commitment to educating and training staff to uphold our mission and provide the highest quality of patient and resident care.
In this challenging and rewarding position, the primary purpose of the Clinical Educator/ADON is to designs, develop, plan, implement, and evaluate orientation and continuing education for all clinical levels of staff related to skilled nursing, short-term rehabilitation, and dialysis den. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position is primarily Monday – Friday dayshift, but may require flexibility for scheduled training events.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the HFSL Education and Training Program which includes maintaining documentation and recordkeeping of mandatory and non-mandatory in-services and training, including Relias and other facility training programs.
- Responsible for new hire orientation materials including monthly New Employee Orientation presentations (as assigned) and interim (read and sign) orientation packet.
- Coordinate and monitor clinical competency programs for all licensed and certified staff in accordance with regulatory requirements and HFSL expectations.
- Develop, plan, and implement a staff development program to upgrade the overall competence of personnel, including clinical, leadership and specific attention to improve supervisory skills of the House Supervisors, Unit Supervisors and Charge Nurses.
- Educate staff on policies and procedures, track and route new and revised policies.
- Plan annual calendar of clinical education programs.
Assistant Director of Nursing
- Assist the DON in maintaining a highly successful and effective Nursing Team.
- Ensure that philosophy and objectives are understood by all nursing personnel.
- Develop and/or maintain nursing service policies and procedures as needed.
- Participate in coordination of resident care services through use of the interdisciplinary team’s assessment and care plans.
- Review the nursing requirements of each resident admitted to the facility and assist the attending physician in planning for the residents’ care.
- Monitor and evaluate work performance of subordinate RNs and LPNs and CNAs as indicated.
- Participate in facility meetings including Quality Measure Meeting (weekly) SBAR Meeting, Utilization Management Meeting, QAPI, etc.
- Respond to issues, concerns as reported by Unit Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
- Formulate and revise policies and procedures; educate staff on policies and procedures, including tracking and routing new and revised policies.
Education and Experience:
- Licensed RN in the Commonwealth PA
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ clinical nursing experience, preferably as ADON, Clinical Educator or similar capacity
- Computer proficiency including PCC required.
- Knowledge of LTC/STR (med/surge) procedures and patient care and LTC/nursing home regulations
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities as cited above.
HFSL offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including PPO medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, paid time off, and pension plan with match! Additional benefits include voluntary 401(k) short-term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, flexible spending account, and more!
HFSL is a 5-star rated, 208-bed non-profit, Catholic, skilled nursing and short-term rehabilitation with dialysis den facility located in historic Bethlehem, PA. If you are looking for a change to a professional organization and are interested in working with people who value staff and residents, then join our “family” and apply today!
Visit our website at www.holyfamilysl.org