Catholic Charities, Diocese of Allentown
Job Title: Case Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Location: Reading, PA
Department: Community Support Services, Older Adult Services, Pregnancy and Parenting Support Services
Reports to: Programs Director, County Supervisor
Summary: This position provides direct case management services to individuals and their families who reside within the 5 counties of the Diocese of Allentown: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Schuylkill, and Carbon counties. Duties include, but are not limited to, intake and assessment of individuals and families, service planning and information and referral along with marketing and promoting the program within the Diocese. The Case Manager will work with individuals and families to address social and economic barriers and work with them to move towards self-sufficiency with a focus on rapid re-rehousing and homeless prevention. The ability to work in office and field settings is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake and assessment of clients and their families;
- Facilitate and develop a Service Plan;
- Provide information and referral to internal and external resources for clients
- Assist with material needs;
- Provide referrals for employment and a variety of other social services to identified participants;
- Provide case management services to individuals, families and /or groups;
- Receive ongoing supervision, assistance in decision-making, and is accountable for management of cases and time;
- Acquire an in depth knowledge of community resources, and remain updated;
- Supervision of interns/students, as assigned;
- Represent the agency in the community on committees or task forces, within the Diocese of Allentown, as assigned;
- Must speak at public functions anywhere in the Diocese of Allentown, as assigned;
- Must work effectively with other team members on shared projects, conferences, community development, grants, etc;
- Maintain client records in accordance with all applicable guidelines (HIPPA, state regulations, etc.);
- Prepare quarterly/annual/monthly/weekly progress reports for submission to supervisor as required by agency and grant expectations;
- Produce typed letters;
- Keep updated on current social needs in the community and applicable regulations;
- Complete payment requests in a timely manner for supervisor approval and in accordance with agency policy and grant requirements;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Social Work or related degree in human services;
- Must pass HUD housing certification, if required by funding sources;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of the Catholic Charities’ mission and Church teachings;
- Aptitude for working with individuals/families and managing difficult situations;
- Skills in client assessment;
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to set and adjust priorities;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Adept at Microsoft Word;
- Must have the ability to pass all applicable clearances on a yearly basis. Including but not limited to FBI, Child Abuse and State Police;
- Must complete required Mandated Reporter Training (MRT) within 3 weeks of start date and every 5 years thereafter or when dictated by agency, Diocese of Allentown, and/ or Commonwealth Law;
- Must complete Protecting God’s Children Training (PGC) within 3 weeks of start date and monthly online bulletins, as well as any recertification, for the duration of employment.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone. Use of hands to operate standard office equipment; with occasional reaching and lifting up to 10 pounds is required.
- Employee is required to be able to drive their car or a Catholic Charities car to various home settings or community locations; the ability to drive to those locations safely is required, unless exceptions are explicitly recommended by the Program Director and approved by the Executive Director, or in keeping with ADA requirements.
- General office setting, home visits and visits within community settings;
- Must be willing/able to drive anywhere within the 5 counties of the Diocese of Allentown and on occasion outside of the Diocese of Allentown;
- Must be willing/able to travel to conferences, trainings, etc, when required by supervisor or programmatic needs;
- Must demonstrate respect and professionalism toward all clients in all interactions;
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday;
- May be required to work evenings weekly to accommodate agency functions and/ or clients’ scheduling needs;
- May be required to work weekends to accommodate agency functions and/ or clients’ scheduling needs;
- May occasionally be required to work additional hours above and beyond regularly scheduled hours.”
When appropriate, assist clients with transportation, and delivery of material goods.