This position provides direct case management services to individuals and their families who reside within Carbon County. Duties include, but are not limited to, intake and assessment of individuals and families, service planning and information and referral along with marketing and promoting the program within the Diocese. The Case Manager will work with individuals and families to address social and economic barriers and work with them to move towards self-sufficiency with a focus on rapid re-rehousing and homeless prevention. The ability to work in office and field settings is required. The position is 25 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intake and assessment of clients and their families
- Facilitate and develop a Service Plan.
- Provide information and referral to internal and external resources for clients
- Provide referrals for employment and a variety of other social services to identified participants.
- Provides case management services to individuals, families and /or groups.
- Receives ongoing supervisions, assistance in decision-making, and is accountable for management of cases and time.
- Acquire an in depth knowledge of community resources, and remain updated.
- Supervision of interns/students, as assigned
- Represent the agency in the community on committees or task forces, within the Diocese of Allentown, as assigned
- Must speak at public functions anywhere in the Diocese of Allentown, as assigned
- Prepare quarterly/annual/monthly/weekly progress reports for submission to supervisor as required by agency and grant expectations
- Complete payment requests in a timely manner for supervisor approval and in accordance with agency policy and grant requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of the Catholic Charities’ mission and Church teachings.
- Bachelors in Social Work or related degree in human services.
- Must pass HUD housing certification, if required by funding sources
- Aptitude for working with individuals/families and managing difficult situations.
- General office setting, home visits and visits within community settings.
- Must be willing/able to drive anywhere within the 5 counties of the Diocese of Allentown and on occasion outside of the Diocese of Allentown
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday: may be required to work evenings or weekends to accommodate agency functions and/ or clients’ scheduling needs
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538