ADVANCEMENT DIRECTOR - KOLBE ACADEMY
Kolbe Academy is seeking a dynamic fundraising professional to lead a multi-faceted development and marketing effort. The candidate should be well-versed in multiple aspects of development work including major gift programs, annual giving, planned giving, event planning, social media and marketing. This is a key, full-time administrative staff position reporting to the Principal. The Kolbe Academy family is committed to students in recovery and their families through faith, academics, and service.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Principal and Board of Directors in the implementation of a multi-faceted fundraising plan that meet the operational fundraising goals of the school
- Establish fundraising priorities that have the greatest impact on achieving fundraising goals in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Identify new major gift sources and serve as the school’s primary knowledge source for funding opportunities and philanthropic outlets.
- Lead the advancement efforts to significantly increase the numbers and size of major gifts.
- Prospect, cultivate, solicit, develop and maintain relationships with donors at all levels
- Plan, develop and direct the annual appeal campaigns and special fundraising events
- Research and submit grant proposals and track grant reporting requirements
- Oversee donor database (input, maintenance, and use) and all donor gift acknowledgements
- Lead and manage all aspects of key fundraising events including volunteer management, event promotion and execution, sponsorship solicitations
- Develop, design, and execute content generation that supports advancement of school’s mission including all fundraising and marketing materials, quarterly newsletter, annual report, and all social media content
- Communicate with and actively engage the various constituencies of the school, including the Board, faculty, parents, alumni and staff
- Keep current on important developments within the local, regional, and national funding scene.
- Experience in a parochial or not-for-profit environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification is a plus
- A strong commitment to Catholic education and modeling Catholic values
- Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees, school administration, the media and alumni
- Excellent customer service, follow through, project management and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent computer skills, including Office products, social media, website experience
- A high degree of credibility, integrity, and self-confidence is essential
To apply please send cover letter, resume, clearances and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.