ST. JOSEPH CENTER FOR SPECIAL LEARNING
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Part-Time (29 hrs./week) FLSA: Non-Exempt
REPORTING FUNCTIONS: Principal
JOB FUNCTION: Assists the Office Manager with day-to-day operation of the school office in an efficient manner which supports the mission of St. Joseph Center for Special Learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides clerical/administrative support to the Principal and Office Manager including responding to routine phone inquiries, preparing correspondence and reports of a confidential nature, sorting and distributing mail while maintaining confidentiality of all information gained during the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Maintains filing system of school records including student/staff files, attendance records for students/staff members and complete annual attendance reports for same.
- Processes bi-weekly timesheets for staff members.
- Uses word processing, spreadsheet and data base software to maintain staff and student records, process ongoing tuition payments, and coordinate weekly Communication Folders for distribution to parents.
- Maintain current records for Safety Environment Documentation for all staff members, volunteers, Board of Directors, and other contracted individuals and coordinate necessary training for outdated Safety Environment Documentation.
- Prepare weekly invoices for payment processing to Accounts Payable.
- Completes all statistical diocesan and government forms as required.
- Use of personal car for incidental business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of High School Diploma and 2-3 Years Working in an Office Environment
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Position requires strong interpersonal skills, proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software and organizational skills. The worker must be sensitive to individuals with disabilities and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.