Job Description - Administrative Assistant, Cemetery
Reporting Functions: Reports to Director of Cemeteries
Job Function: Manage all aspects of the accounting record keeping and financial reporting related to Diocesan cemeteries including processing reviewing and validating contractual agreements, memorials and other products for accuracy. Support the Family Service sales team and Superintendent in the performance of their duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input ownership data into Web-Cemeteries from the Contracts.
- Manually add ownership data to the blue Section-Range-Lot cards at cemetery using the gold copy of the contract at each location.
- Prepare Burial Privilege and Entombment Privilege forms at MLK location.
- Mail Privilege forms to the owners of the Privilege.
- Prepare 3 X 5 ownership cards at MLK.
- Maintain the database in Web-Cemeteries
- Order Memorial lettering for crypts, niches and other memorial products from the vendor when paid in full when the Family Service representative has submitted a signed approval from the customer.
- Receive approval for any re-order of any lettering, portraits, and back plate when requested by a Family Service Representative or family member, from the Director of Cemeteries. Financial decisions are made by the Director.
- Deposit monies every two days for the Family Service Representatives, the Working Foreman and Superintendent.
- Process credit card sales for the Family Service Representatives.
- Take contracts from the Diocesan cemeteries at noon every two weeks to MLK location. These contracts are to be reviewed for mathematical accuracy with appropriate deposit slip and credit card control numbers attached.
- Prepare 3 X 5 vault ownership cards and file at the cemetery.
- Process refunds and add ownership to web cemeteries and blue cards.
- Answer phone calls and greet all walk-ins including potential clients, ascertaining information and giving direction.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma (preferred)
- Proficient computer skills Microsoft Office, Excel, Word etc.). Knowledge of Web Cemeteries preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with others.
- Express personal initiative, ownership, and desire to go beyond basic expectations.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to respond to questions and present information effectively.
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
Working Conditions: Full time Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. May be required to work overtime occasionally.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538