This non-exempt, part time Accounting Clerk will work approximately 14 to 19 hours per week, and performs accounting functions in support of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable departments as needed. Completes special projects and other assignments, as directed, all in concert with the strategic direction of the Diocese.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Finance and Budget Office activities:
- Opening and sorting mail.
- Daily deposits.
- Prepare and distribute monthly billing invoices, and statements.
- Process payables invoices.
- Print and distribute disbursement checks.
- Research inquiries regarding paid and unpaid invoices.
- Support other accounting reconciliations and reports as needed
2. Filing, copying, scanning, and organizing.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Minimum of Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education plus 3-5 years professional level experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, or business administration fields.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft applications – Excel, Word, Outlook, and managing electronic files and folders.
- Experience using accounting software.
- Satisfactory level of analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and implement process changes resulting in increased productivity and/or quality.
- Possess the ability to follow instructions, work independently, demonstrate flexibility and maintain confidentiality regarding Diocesan activity.
- Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Diocese of Allentown.
1. Normal office environment. May be required to attend meetings or perform duties at other locations occasionally.
2. Normal workdays are Monday through Friday. Normal work hours are open for discussion between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm (total from 14 to 19 hours/week). May be required to work overtime, or amended work hours with supervisor approval, for example due to seasonal, project, or other needs.
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538