Within the Sacrament of Marriage, the responsibility of planning a family is one shared by husband and wife — and God, whose unconditional love binds them together. An authentic expression of love between spouses includes openness to children. It is a gift of complete self to the other, open to the possibility of cooperating with God in creating a new life. Through prayerful discernment, spouses may attempt to either achieve pregnancy or momentarily avoid it. An openness to God’s will for their family requires that no artificial means be used for such purposes.
NFP is good for marriage!
- Supports reproductive health
- Has no harmful side effects
- Is environmentally friendly
- Is inexpensive
- Cooperates with a couple's combined fertility
- Is useful to either achieve or avoid pregnancy
- Can be used throughout the reproductive life cycle
- Requires shared responsibility and cooperation by husband and wife
- Fosters mutual communication between husband and wife
- Encourages respect for and acceptance of the total person
- Promotes marital chastity
- Values the child
- Honors God's design for married love!
Natural Family Planning is 99.6 percent effective in achieving the intended outcome, either pregnancy or prevention.
Free Introductory Natural Family Planning classes are offered throughout the year. For a schedule of introductory classes click here.