This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position provides extensive outreach, education and training to the business and non-profit community regarding needs and services for older adults in Lehigh and Northampton counties. The position provides extensive outreach to various community organizations regarding the physical, emotional and mental health of older adults, with the goal being to improve the health and safety of seniors. In addition, this position involves being mobile providing case management and meeting the needs of seniors requesting services. The position also coordinates and links seniors with other support services within the agency and with other community social service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training and public presentations related to the needs of older adults and available services to community businesses and agencies in Lehigh and Northampton counties. This requires development of training modules, Power Point presentations and marketing materials, including: brochures, pamphlets, exhibits, etc.
- Conducts general intake and assist with agency referrals and coordinates/links seniors with support services
- Maintain agency database for entities trained on older adult needs and maintain client records.
- Advocate for clients by teaching and training business, government agencies and family members about older adult needs, and staff within the agency
- Represent the agency in the community on committees or task forces.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of community resources for older adults and keep updated on current social needs in the community, particularly those of older adults.
- Facilitate and coordinate social services with seniors
- Generate statistical reports
- Recruiting volunteers
- Excellent case management skills (intake, assessment, casework and training)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and client management computer applications
- Ability to set and adjust priorities as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field is required, MSW preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant experience working with the older adult population preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of Catholic Charities mission and values.
- Some evening hours are required.
- Valid PA driver’s license and good driving record required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Allentown
900 South Woodward Street
Allentown, PA 18103
(610) 435-1541, ext. 308