The Executive Administrative Assistant performs clerical and administrative duties for the Executive Director, the Leadership Team and the agency’s Board of Directors as directed by the Executive Director. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position also coordinates facility management for the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs confidential duties, including preparation of reports, memoranda and materials related to finance and budget and activities of professional personnel.
- Coordinates activities for the Executive and Leadership Team.
- Maintains Catholic Charities employee personnel files.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence for the Executive Director and Leadership Team.
- Represents the Executive Director for routine administrative matters including preparing correspondence and reports.
- Responsible for preparing and processing various surveys and reports (statistical or other) for the agency, funders, or the diocese.
- Acts as the office manager in maintaining good order in the Lehigh office. Handles sales representatives, solicitors, and building facility issues.
- Assists the Rachel Vineyard Coordinator to prepare retreat materials.
- Serves as administrative support to the Safe Environment Coordinator.
- Serves as administrative support for the office of the Secretariat for Catholic Human Services.
- Takes and prepares minutes for PQI meetings and other meetings as required.
- Compiles records as needed to remain in compliance with all policies, procedures, funders, the Diocese and requirements for historical preservation.
- Serves as administrative support for all actions related to the Board of Directors including taking minutes, sending notices, preparing board materials, and handling follow-up requests.
- Responsible for leading the donor acknowledgement process including preparing receipt letters according to protocols and ensuring the process is complete and accurate for all donations.
- Oversees online registration processes for donors, funders, and other various entities as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and nurture relationships over the phone, by email, and in person.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize work while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Degree or certification in relevant field, plus 3+ years related work experience or the equivalent combination.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish), but not required.
- Additional Requirements:
- Sound moral character and willingness to work within the guidelines of the Catholic Charities’ mission, values, and ethical norms.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105