Holy Family Manor in Bethlehem, PA is seeking a dynamic, progressive and seasoned Director of Nursing (DON). This unique position will challenge your leadership skills, your clinical acumen and your individuality. Candidates must have excellent management skills, clinical knowledge and expertise, be familiar with staffing and be a strong leader. Qualifications include minimum, three (3) years of experience as a DON/ADON in LTC or other related health care facility:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and periodically update statements of philosophy and objectives that define the type of nursing care the facility proposes to provide. The objectives identify the importance of integrating both the plan of medical care and plan of resident care.
- Ability to ensure that the philosophy and objectives are understood by all nursing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain nursing service policies and procedures to implement the program of care.
- Ability to ensure that all of the nursing needs of residents are met by assigning a sufficient number of qualified supervisory and supportive nursing personnel for each shift
- Experience in coordination of resident care services through use of the interdisciplinary team’s assessment and care plans.
- Ability to plan and organize a staff development program that will upgrade the competence of the personnel.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action, while retaining ability to be flexible to changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction or as a team member and to work confidentially and with discretion.
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of the nursing department for the facility.
- Responsibilities involve planning and budgeting for nursing services, administration, delivering clinical direction, as well as ensuring advancement of the organization.
- Possess the capacity to work well with an interdisciplinary workforce to ensure quality levels are consistent with professional standards and goals.
- Assures compliance with state/federal regulations and organization standards.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining own professional competence through participation in programs of continuing education.
- Evaluates performance/skills/job knowledge of nursing staff.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
BSN required; Master’s Degree preferred. Qualified candidates should possess a current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in PA.
CSHHCS is pleased to offer a competitive starting wage commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package including comprehensive medical, Rx, paid time off, pension plan, etc. Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Catholic Senior Housing & Health Care Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources (DON)
1200 Spring Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018