Holy Family Manor has an immediate opening for a part-time or full-time Charge Nurse for the following shifts 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. The Charge Nurse is responsible for supervision and coordination of all aspects of resident care on the assigned unit. This key position will ensure appropriate utilization of resources and services in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and implement facility policies and procedures.
- Obtain report from nurse being relieved and record sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary.
- Provide report to staff coming on duty including sufficient information for follow-up action as necessary.
- Oversee & coordinate nursing care requirements for all residents during the shift.
- Conduct resident rounds by reporting problems to nursing supervisor and initiating corrective action.
- Respond to and evaluate emergencies.
- Communicate change in condition to physician, families, etc. as appropriate.
- Perform and document comprehensive assessment of residents as assigned.
- Follow facility admission procedures and communicate resident admission to other departments, physicians and ancillary service providers.
- Administer and document direct resident care, medications and treatments per physicians’ orders and accurately record all care provided.
- Assist in development, implementation and review of care plans. Listen to resident, family, or physician concerns and initiate corrective action and/or report concerns to Nursing Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain rapport within internal and external departments, agencies and physicians.
- Supervise, evaluate, educate and orient Nursing Assistants.
- Licensed Nurse eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of PA.
- Current certification in CPR.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in long term care and nursing home operations
- Ability to make independent decisions as applicable and within the scope of license.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; including the ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Solid computer skills, including healthcare software.
- Strong professional ethics.
Holy Family Manor offers a comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to work with great
people! Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 10, 2018 to:
Catholic Senior Housing & Health Care Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources (CN)
1200 Spring Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018