Catholic Charities is a private nonprofit social service agency operating under the auspices of the Diocese of Allentown. We offer services to meet the needs of people in our community who need support, care and compassion.
- Infants and children in need of a home
- Families in need of counseling and support
- Pregnant women in search of assistance
- Immigrants seeking a new home
- Elders in need of care and special services
- Those in need who face homelessness, hunger and unemployment
- Parishes that are ready to put faith into action
OUR SERVICES ARE FOR ALL
Any person residing within Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton or Schuylkill County regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, age, color, political affiliation, creed, disability and Limited English Proficiency.
900 S. Woodward St.
234 Grace St.
13 Westwood Center
Prior to the establishment of the Diocese of Allentown in 1961, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia conducted social services for our five counties from the Philadelphia Catholic Children's Bureau (now Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia). When the Diocese of Allentown was established in 1961, the Catholic Social Agency was incorporated.
A Board of Directors was established in 1988 with Monsignor Joseph E. Kurtz (now Archbishop of Louisville) as the first president. In 2005, the Catholic Social Agency became Catholic Charities, Diocese of Allentown and the Council for Accreditation for Children and Family Services, accredited the agency.