The Diocese of Allentown is in search of a highly motivated Family Service Counselor to assist families with at-need and pre-need sales of burial rights. The Family Services Counselor is a full-time position, reporting to the Family Services Manager, serving families and clients by providing exemplary personalized service as well as playing an essential role in generating sales through referrals.
The Family Service Counselor serves families in a professional, caring and timely manner and establishes strong relationships with each family. Follow up and generation of referrals from client families are integral to success and results in strong service and relationships with families.
The duties of the Family Service Counselor must be performed consistent with and compliant to:
- The mission and values of the Roman Catholic Church and the Diocese of Allentown.
- Cemetery operating procedures and policies.
- Diocesan policies and procedures.
The Family Service Counselor will consistently build relationships and work cooperatively with the Family Services Manager and cemetery operations staff, resulting in seamless, high quality service to ensure customer satisfaction. Each Family Services team member provides the highest and most respectful level of care by completing all aspects of the funeral arrangement – before, during and after.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales/Lead Generation (40%): Consistently networks and builds relationships to gain referrals for both at-need cemetery arrangements and pre-need arrangements using diocesan tools, processes and standards.
- Networks and builds Catholic community relationships
- Explains and gives presentations to at-need families and referred families
- Maintains and tracks sales and leads to ensure productivity
- Build Relationships with Families (40%): Consistently builds strong business with client families and the Catholic community.
- Establishes and maintains strong customer service relationships with families by responding to inquiries in a timely, respectful, sensitive and professional manner.
- Supports families in time of grief with acts of kindness
- Connects with families through listening, honest communication and develops an understanding of each family’s unique needs and offers solutions that provide value
- Stays in touch with families to ensure satisfaction
- Prepares for all appointments with professionalism and attention to detail
- Follows through on all customer problems and requests
- Provides service beyond expectations to ensure satisfaction and to form the foundation for future sales based on long-term relationships
- Builds trust-based relationships by educating families and referrals on the benefits of pre-planning
- Teamwork and Follow-Up (20%): Builds relationships and works cooperatively with the Family Services Manager, cemetery staff and funeral directors/funeral homes to provide seamless, high quality service.
- Thoroughly and completely reviews prior services and contracts with families to prepare to support current and/or future needs
- Follows up with Superintendent of Cemeteries regarding incoming funeral service requests, times, and location particulars.
- Complete paperwork and file in timely and organized manner so cemetery has accurate information and records.
Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates will be compassionate, organized, professional, motivated and great communicators with the desire to grow and cultivate networks in our Catholic community. Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or relevant field with 2-4 years direct sales and customer service experience required. Cemetery sales experience is preferred but not required. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered if have a proven track record of exceeding performance objectives and success with being part of a winning sales team.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and other technology including GPS.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) a plus.
For immediate consideration applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by June 16, 2018 to:
Diocese of Allentown
Attn: Human Resource Office (FSC)
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538
The Diocese of Allentown comprises five counties in Pennsylvania, including Lehigh, Berks, Carbon, Northampton and Schuylkill. Catholic population is 252,088.