The Diocese of Allentown is seeking a full-time (35 hours/week) Assistant Director in the Office of Hispanic Ministry. This exempt position supports and assists the Director in fulfilling the functions of the Office of Hispanic Ministry. This Office serves as a liaison and catalyst for the Hispanic community. This position requires demonstrated oral and written bi-lingual and bi-cultural (English/Spanish) aptitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director in planning, developing and implementing events, programs and workshops intended to meet the formation of the Spanish speaking faithful in the diocese.
- Assists with communication with priests, deacons, religious and lay leaders involved in Hispanic Ministry throughout the Diocese, as well as Secretariats, parishes and ecclesial movements to deliver jointly-sponsored programming to the Spanish speaking community.
- Assists in prioritizing and organizing the work of the office, including performing bi-lingual administrative duties including translation.
- Develops and maintains newsletter for Hispanic movement leaders, ambassadors and pastors. Acts as editor and contributor to the newsletter and monthly Spanish AD Times article.
- Collaborates to provide workshops or training on the parish, regional and diocesan level – Outreach and Advocacy educational programs.
- Coordinates volunteer opportunities and involvement for Hispanic faithful in the diocese.
- Develops community outreach and educational opportunities for the Hispanic community. Raise awareness through public speaking (parish meetings, group meetings, etc.)
- Communication— Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively address all levels within Hispanic ministry.
- Technical – proficient using Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in religious studies, theology or related area of Hispanic ministry
- 2+ years of experience in ministry or related area
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Candidates will be practicing Catholics and must be committed to the mission of Catholic Church.
- May occasionally be required to work outside of normal workweek or in addition to normal work hours due to special projects, meetings or events.
- Valid driver’s license
For immediate consideration applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by June 30, 2018 to:
Diocese of Allentown
Attn: Human Resources Office (AD- OHM)
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538