This person assists staff in the performance of duties related to the Adult Day Care core services and activities as defined by the Department of Aging to meet the needs of individual clients. This is a part-time position on an as-needed basis as determined by the Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily care of clients and assistance with activities in order to meet the needs of each individual client.
- Responsible for preparing center before clients arrive i.e., plug in appliances, pick up newspapers and greeting clients as they arrive.
- Assists with preparation, serving and clean-up of breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack, monitoring and adhering to dietary requirements.
- Assists clients with daily activities including safe sitting, bathroom, socialization, exercise and arts/crafts activities.
- Prepares clients for departure, including accompanying them to accessible vans or transport service, never leaving any client unattended.
- Maintains records and reports as required as well as operational standards and care requirements set forth by Department of Aging regulations, county contracts, Council on Aging standards and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Medication certification required.
- Must participate in specialized training, as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to meet new people
- Ability to respond to the physical requirements and demands of adult day care clients, including assisting clients in and out of wheel chairs.
- Willingness to work as part of a team approach to service.
Education and/or Experience:
- Relevant certifications and 1+ years’ experience in an adult day care, nursing home environment or equivalent
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of Catholic Charities mission and values.
- Valid PA driver’s license and good driving record required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Diocese of Allentown
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105